SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
1. The National Honor Society and Key Club have combined meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room 218. Stop by to hear about our exciting events, and to join a prestigious nationwide group. See you in room 218. (Kelley 9/9-10-8)
2. One week left to sign up for the PSAT. The last day to sign up is October 3rd. The PSAT will be offered at Spanish Springs High school Wednesday, October 15th. All sophomores will take the exam. Freshmen and Juniors are eligible to pay to take the exam. The exam costs $14 and you may register online at the SSHS webstore: www.SpanishSpringshs.com or with Mrs. Baird in the counseling office. You must pay the fee when you register. Please see your counselor if you have any questions. (Hamilton 9/12-10/3)
3. Retake Pictures are taking place today in the Gym Foyer. These are only for retakes and students who missed the regular picture days. (Marvin 9/30)
4. The Asian Culture Club will meet tomorrow, Wednesday, October 1st at lunch in room 253. We are hosting a pot-luck luncheon so bring a dish to share and come enjoy this fun club event. (Kwasna 9/25-9/30)
5. Socktober is here! Help out your community by donating NEW socks to your second period class and help make an impact in your community. The second period class that wins will get a prize from leadership. (Bowers 9/29-10/3)
6. If you are interested in playing on the Boy's Lacrosse Team this year there will be a mandatory player/parent meeting tomorrow night (Wednesday) in room 216 at Shaw Middle School at 6:45 pm after fall ball practice. If you can't make the meeting please see Mrs. Beadell in room 228 to get the information. (Beadell 9/29-10/1)
7. If you are interested in singing the National Anthem at the fall homecoming assembly please come to room 201 tomorrrow, October 1st for auditions. (Faker9/29-9/30)
8. Are you interested in going out for a winter sport: Cheer, Basketball, Rifle, Ski or Wrestling? Clearance packets are in the main office. If you have cleared for a Fall Sport, come in the main office and fill out a clearance "Quick Form". (Sterett 9/29-10-3)
9. Want a Friday Hat Day? This week prom committee will be selling wristbands for $1 that will allow students to wear a hat on Friday October 17th for Homecoming. Come purchase a wristband in room 115 or 258 before school, during lunch and after school. Get your wristbands this week because the price goes up to $2 the week of Homecoming. (Kassebaum 9/29-10/3)
10. The new "All That Dance" Club is holding auditions again tomorrow (Wednesday) during lunch in room 143 (the Art Hall). Prepare a 10-15 second routine to show off your stuff! (P Anderson 9/29-10/1)
11. Latinos Unidos meets every Wednesday in room 202 during lunch. (Valle 9/29-10/1)
12. FCCLA meets every Wednesday at lunch in room 107. (Gach 9/29-10/1)
13. GSA meets every Wednesday at lunch in room 145. 1st & 3rd Wednesdays are general meetings and 2nd and 4th Wednesday's are required meetings for officers and open to general membership. See you there. (Nisbet 9/29-10/1)
14. The French Club meets on Wednesday's in room M1 during lunch. (Dyess 9/29-10/1)
15. Students please pick up after yourselves and keep our campus something we can be proud of. (Urmston 9/29-10/1)
16. Attention all clubs, classes and teams! Trick or Treat in the Halls is coming soon so come sign up for a booth or game in room 112 as soon as possible. This is a great way to earn some extra cash. (Faker 9/30-10/3)
17. All Class advisors and Class officers - There is a Student Council Meeting tomorrow (Wed) at lunch in room 201. Please attend. (Faker 9/30)
18. Senior Class Officers are meeting tomorrow (Wed) at lunch in room 204. (Stoddard 9/30-10/1)
19. Seniors: Are you interested in the Juvenile Justice System? The ACLU will be offering a "Youth For Justice Internship' beginning October 18th. Applications are due tomorrow, October 1st! See Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center for more info. (Taveira 9/30-10/1)
20. There is a Lost & Found Table in the Hallway outside SRO. Please check for lost & found items. All items not claimed will be donated next week to good will. (Ramilo 9/30-10/3)
Please release the Freshman Volleyball Team at 1:15 today.
Please release the Boys Tennis Team at 1:15 today.
Please release the Girls Tennis Team at 2:00 today.
CONGRATULATIONS to the SSHS ROTC Drill Team who took 1st place overall this past Saturday at the 8th Annual Cougar Battalion Drill meet. Schools from all over Northern Nevada came to compete, and the Cougar Drill Team demonstrated their exceptional skills, earning several group trophies, and then were recognized as the best overall Drill Team at the event. Great job SSHS ROTC! (Salter 9/30)
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs