SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
1. 11th and 12th graders - High School Proficiency Exams are next week for any of you haven't taken or passed your proficiency tests. All tests will be at 8:00 am. Math is Monday, October 20; Reading is Tuesday, October 21; Writing is Wednesday, October 22, and Science is Thursday, October 23. Room numbers will be posted later this week. Wednesday, October 22 will be a 3 hour delayed start for anyone not taking proficiency tests. Proficiency Bootcamps will be held this Wednesday and Thursday, October 15th and 16th after school from 2:45-3:45 to help get you prepared to pass your proficiency tests. Please come by the office to sign up for Bootcamp. (Cable 10/14)
2. Homecoming nominee voting will be in the College and Career Center Wednesday, October 15th through Friday, October 17th. You can only vote once during breaks, lunch and before and after school. You must bring your student ID to vote. (Faker 10/13-10/17)
3. Students, are you interested in overseas language study opportunities? Stop by the College and Career Center for more information. (Taveira 10/13-10/27)
4. The Asian Culture Club meeting will be held at lunch tomorrow, Wednesday, October 15th in room 253. Join us to learn the ancient art of Asian Calligraphy. (Kwasna 10/13-10/15)
5. The Animation Design Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in room 121 and on Wednesday's at lunch. (Underwood 10/13-10/14)
6. Latinos Unidos meets each Wednesday in room 202 at lunch. (Valle 10/13-10/15)
7. FCCLA meets each Wednesday at lunch in room 107. (Gach 10/13-10/15)
8. GSA meets every Wednesday in room 145 at lunch. 1st and 3rd Wednesday's are General meetings and 2nd and 4th Wednesdays are for officers and open to general membership. (Nisbet 10/13-10/15)
9. The French Club meets every Wednesday at lunch in room M-1. (Dyess 10/13-10/15)
10. Students! Text Spirit Spanish Springs High School (make sure to use spaces!) to 62582 as many times as you can! We hope to win an on air pep rally. Your teachers have directions. (Faker 10/13-10/15)
11. Seniors - remember that if you have perfect attendance for your entire senior year you will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new car! (Cable 10/13-10/15)
12. Attention All Sophomores and Juniors: All sophomores and those freshmen and juniors who signed up with their counselor will be taking the PSAT test tomorrow, Wednesday, October 15th. This is a mandatory test for all 10th grade students. Please check the lists posted outside in the main entrance hallway to see to which classroom you will report for testing. If your name is not on this list and you feel it should be, please check in the counseling office.
For all students testing on Wednesday, you need to be in your assigned classroom at 8:00am. Buses are scheduled to pick up testers at the regularly scheduled time. You must have your student ID to take this test, so if you have lost your ID, you need to report to Student Relations before Wednesday to get a new one. You may bring a non-graphing calculator. Calculators will not be supplied, and you will not be allowed to share one. Leave everything else in your locker. Remember there are no electronic devices-other than approved calculators-allowed in testing rooms. Students who violate this rule are subject to a 2 day suspension. (Salter 10/14)
13. All students interested in trying out for the SSHS Rifle team - there will be a meeting at lunch in room 131 on October 22nd with SFC Mendenhall. If you do not have an athletic clearance completed at this time you need to be cleared before October 22. If you do not have an athletic clearance completed and are not cleared you will not be able to try out for the Rifle Team. (Mendenhall 10/14-10/22)
14. All students will be able to vote for your favorite Homecoming King or Queen in the College and Career Center before school, after school and at lunch this Wednesday and Friday. You MUST have your student ID to be able to vote and you can only vote once. (Dreelan 10/14-10/17)
15. Are you interested in becoming friends with a student with special needs? Best Buddies will be meeting on Sunday, October 19th at 1:00 at the Round Table by Home Depot. This will be a time to eat, play games, and see which buddy you may want to be partnered with for mentoring. For more information come to room 100. (Fritz 10/14-10/17)
16. Cougar Club Council meeting is tomorrow (Wed) at lunch for all Club presidents and other club delegates. Be there to get information on upcoming school events. (Faker 10/14)
17. Next week is College and Career week! Monday is dress for success. Tuesday is the memorial of the Sparks Middle School shooting and Superhero day. Wednesday is "Where will you be?" Thursday is Career Day and Friday is Spirit Day. (Faker 10/14-10/17)
18. Upward Bound students - the October College Prep Saturday Session is this Saturday, October 18th at UNR from 8:30-2:30. (Lau 10/14-10/17)
Please release the Boys Tennis Team at 11:00 today.
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs