See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Fall 2013 Finals Schedule here!
Great new website on Bullying, check it out!
WCSD 2013/14 Balanced Calendar info
AB46 and School Capital Funding info
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Coming Soon--See our NEW Traffic Flow Plan Here
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
From Tasha Fuson - Principal
From Pedro Martinez- School Superintendent
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
2013/2014 A/B School Schedule
2013/2014 Balanced School Calendar
Events and Sports Calendar
Parent Involvement and Professional Dev. Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013
1. Food For Fines - The SSHS Library is offering our students a special opportunity to erase their overdue Library Book fines. For the next 5 weeks (up until Christmas) we will accept a can of food to equal a $2.00 increment towards paying off their fine. For example, if a student owes $3.40, we will accept 2 cans of food and erase their fine. (No, we don't give change.) The cans of food collected will be given to SSHS Leadership and FCCLA to co-ordinate with their current food drive. All cans of food collected will only go to those families in need within our school community. (Baird 11/25-12/19)
2. Driver Education classes are offered at Spanish Springs during the January intersession. The class is Monday-Thursday, January 6th - 9th from 8 am-3:30 pm. This class meets the 30 hour in the classroom requirement to receive a driver's license in Nevada for those under 18. The cost is $94. For more information or to register with a debit or credit card, call 829-9010. (Office 11/18-12/19)
3. The Cougar Den will be closed in the mornings until December 16th. We will also be closed on all Wednesday's and Friday's until after the Winter Break. Sorry for the inconvenience. (Givani 11/25-12/14)
4. Seniors: Panoramic Pictures will be taken on December 12th in the Big Gym during ACA. Please wear your Senior shirts! Report to your ACA class FIRST and then to the Big Gym. (Albee 12/3-12/11)
5. Seniors: Do you need money for College??? There are currently six scholarships totaling $51,500 available for you to apply to before December 19th! Stop by the College and Career Center to get more info. (Taveira 12/4-12/12)
6. Jostens will be here Monday, December 16th at lunch by the office delivering class rings. They will also accept class ring and graduation orders at lunch. (Office 12/4-12/16)
7. Want to wish someone you know a Feliz Navidad but aren't sure how to show it?? Well, the Latinos Unidos Club has you covered! We will be selling Poinsettia Christmas Grams today, tomorrow and Thursday during both lunches. Get a decorated, personalized card and a poinsettia for only $2 and even candy for an extra buck! Again, that's today, tomorrow and Thursday during both lunches and cards will be delivered on Monday, December 16th. Gracias! (Arciniega 12/5-12/12)
8. The Asian Culture Club will be viewing the animated film, Wolf Children, after school today, Tuesday, December 10th in room 253. Club members are encouraged to attend. (Kwasna 12/6-12/10)
9. The "Cougar Den" will be having an AMAZING sale on apparel. Most of it will be 50% off. Great Santa presents!! (Givani 12/6-12/19)
10. There will be a meeting for any boy interested in playing Golf this season in Room 254 at the beginning of lunch on Wednesday. (Wirshing 12/9-12/10)
11. If you are interested in the Ski & Snowboard Club, there will be a brief meeting this Wednesday at lunch in room 153. (Burra 12/9-12/11)
12. There will be a mandatory Baseball meeting for all who plan to try out for baseball at lunch on Wednesday in the fitness weights room. (Hofmann 12/10-12/11)
13. Leadership will be holding National Anthem Auditions on December 16th during 1st lunch as well as ACA in room 201. Come on down and show us what you've got! This is for the Winter Homecoming Assembly. See you Monday, Cougars! (Faker 12/10-12-13)
14. Attention all HOSA members. There is a mandatory meeting in room 135 during lunch this Wednesday. We will be meeting every Wednesday during lunch in room 135 to prepare for the Spring Leadership Conference and Competitions. Bring your lunch! (Klonicke 12/10-12/11)
15. Do you want to be part of something great? Come and join the GSA Club. We meet every Wednesday at lunch in room 145. (Nisbet 12/10, 12/11)
16. FCCLA will meet tomorrow (Wed) at lunch in room 107. (Gach 12/10-12/11)
Please release the Rifle Team at 1:15 today.
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs